VALUABLE INSIGHTS AND ADVICE FROM OUR ONCOLOGY SPECIALIST
Dr. Vikas Goswami is an experienced Senior Consultant at Max Group of Hospitals & Zeeva Clinic. With constant devotion towards his profession, his contribution in the field of Oncology is well acclaimed. He is an excellent speaker and has shared his knowledge of Oncology in the form of paper presentations in national & international conferences and workshops.
- Dr. Vikas Goswami completed his education and training from the renowned institutes.
- M.B.B.S. – Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- M.D. (Internal Medicine) – Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal
- ECMO – European Society of Medical Oncology
- D.N.B. (Medical Oncology) – Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital & Research Institute
- Dr. Vikas Goswami is highly professional and holds specialised experience of 17 years in the field of medicine.
- Senior Consultant and Incharge, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Unit In-charge Medical Oncology at Asian Hospital,Faridabad
- Associate at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi
- Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology
- European Society of Medical Oncology
- Y.O.G. (Young Oncology Association)
- Delhi Oncology Group
- American Society of Medical Oncology (A.S.C.O.)
GET EXPERT GUIDANCE ON IVF
Dr. Vikas Goswami – Leading Oncologist in Noida & Delhi NCR
Dr. Vikas Goswami is a well-known oncologist in Noida and Delhi NCR who believes that cancer can be cured if diagnosed and treated early. He is a graduate of Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. He pursued his training in Internal Medicine from Gandhi Medical College in Bhopal. He did an intensive three-year training and completed his post-doctorate in Medical Oncology from Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Delhi. As a trained medical professional, he is familiar with the latest advancements in the related field of medicine.
Dr. Vikas Goswami – Award Winning Oncologist in Noida & Delhi NCR
Dr. Vikas Goswami has 17 years of overall experience, he has earned a great reputation and trust of his patients. He along with his team of cancer specialists educate cancer patients and treat the disease. He has the requisite knowledge and expertise to address a wide set of ailments and conditions. He has also been awarded for his contribution in the field of Oncology.
- RGCON 2013 New Delhi (2nd Prize) – To study the efficacy and tolerability of cetuximab-based chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer in a tertiary care hospital in India
- ISMPO 2012 Vizag (3rd Prize) – Treatment of MDS with hypomethylating agents: Experience of a tertiary care cancer centre
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
01/ Why is it so difficult to treat and diagnose cancer?
Cancer is an evolving and adapting disease and they evolve in a haphazard way. Understanding the cancer complexity could take its own time. Hence, treating cancer is difficult. Also, if the cancer has spread widely in a human body, it becomes even more complicated to diagnose the disease.
02/ What kind of food increases the risk of cancer?
There are certain foods such as processed foods which are high in sugar and low in fiber can cause cancer. For example, processed meat, overcooked food, certain dairy products, and stale food.
03/ Do artificial sweeteners indirectly cause a certain kind of cancer?
According to all cancer reports, there is not any evidence that artificial sweeteners can cause cancer.
04/ Why does cancer cause pain?
Cancer secrets chemicals that trouble the area around tumour and when it spreads to soft tissue it causes pain.
The pain can also occur from skin changes which are caused by a hormone imbalance or immune response. Sometimes, cancer treatment is also painful.
05/ Does cancer pain vary from time to time?
Initially, cancer pain may come and go, but it can get more severe and steady at later stages. It can even get worse with tissue movement.
06/ What happens if cancer is not treated timely?
If cancer is not treated timely, the existing symptoms get worse, and other acute symptoms can build up. Untreated cancer can also lead to death.